The Director Assistant Controller will assist the VP Controller in required SEC compliance filings and day-to-day operations of the finance department. A summary of the responsibilities includes the preparation of SEC compliance filings, financial statement preparation, and management of the day-to-day activity of the general ledger, accounts payable, leasing and inventory control departments. Along with the VP Controller, the Director Assistant Controller will ensure compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
The following is a brief description of responsibilities to be performed by the Director Assistant Controller. Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the preparation of all required SEC compliance filings including forms 10K, 10Q, 8K’s and Proxy statements.
- Oversee the monthly close process to ensure the timely and accurate issuance of financial statements.
- Responsible for preparing the monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements.
- Oversees Merchandise Accounting (Inventory Control) department, including the calculation of the retail method of accounting for inventory.
- Responsible for all lease accounting entries and reporting, including knowledge of newly adopted lease accounting ASC 842 requirements.
- Responsible for the accounting and financial reporting of stock-based compensation.
- Responsible for the preparation of accounting memos for applicable new technical accounting pronouncements to document the company’s analysis and conclusion of the appropriate accounting treatment.
- Major contributor to SOX process implementation; documentation, controls testing, mitigation, and ongoing monitoring.
- Coordinates with outside auditors and prepares schedules for year-end audits and quarterly reviews.
- Other assignments and projects as specified by the VP Controller.
- Assist the VP Controller in directing and supervising daily accounting operations and ensuring adherence to established standards of accounting principles.
- Develop and recommend policies, procedures, and guidelines for recording financial information and improving accounting processes in conformity with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Coach, develop and supervise the accounting team to raise their skill levels while improving department flexibility and contingency planning.
- Must have experience in SEC compliance filings and financial statement reporting, and retail accounting.
- Experience in SOX compliance.
- Strong analytical skills, documentation skills, and people skills.
- Proficient in the use of Excel and MS Word.
- Strong written, verbal, and oral communications skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required.
- 8+ years of accounting experience.
- 5+ years in a supervisory or management position.
- CPA license required.
- Experience in Oracle NetSuite, Workiva, Certent, a plus.
REF # 35534