Century Group is currently seeking an experienced Financial Analyst to join a fast paced retail company near Commerce. The ideal candidate has 2-4+ years of experience with advanced excel skills. This is an immediate need and will be on a temporary contract basis.
- Assists the Manager in budgeting, forecasting, reporting and analysis. Analyzes all levels of the business as well as interacts with senior management according to the project needs. This position reports to Sr Manager, Financial Planning.
- Provides financial analysis support to various areas of the company.
- Assists in the annual budgeting process, including store and corporate expenses, capital expenses and balance sheet items.
- Collaborates proactively with department heads to ensure budgeted goals are met.
- Assists with short and long term financial forecasts.
- Updates forecast in an accurate and timely manner based on information provided by department heads.
- Assists with preparation of weekly, monthly and quarterly financial analysis schedules of actual vs. budget variances.
- Provides insightful revenue and expense reporting and analyses on a recurring and ad-hoc basis and enables senior management to make informed decisions.
- Develops daily store sales plans based on prior-year trends, recent trends, and communication with merchants and senior management.
- Performs tracking and analysis of store performance.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or Economics.
- 2-4 years related work experience in financial analysis.
- Prior retail industry experience is preferred.