- Analyse new investment opportunities and provide recommendations to the Director of Asset Management & CIM for review and execution.
- Prepare all financial statements and then consolidated financial statements on a quarterly and annual basis and actively participate and lead the resolution of complex technical accounting issues, including coordination with auditors and operating platforms.
- Compile, analyze and report on corporate and key business platforms including operating metrics;
- Manage fund operations, including compliance, controls and investor requests
- Monitoring and reporting of treasury, derivatives, risk, liquidity and capital management;
- Assist in preparation of various analyses and reports for senior management to support their business decision making, and for the board of directors.
- Prepare analyses as part of fundraising process for new private funds, REIT's
- Involvement with preparation of forecasting and business planning process;
- Prepare consolidated financial forecasts, track operating results of subsidiaries including in-depth review of models / long-term assumptions and the preparation of consolidated management presentations
- Ad-hoc analyses and presentations on platform financial and operational results, as well as supporting any other inititatives of the team.
- The ideal candidate will have worked inside a Hotel and/or Apartment REIT in similar role (pension fund, or insurance company as well also ideal).
- Five (5) +years of progressive work experience in an accounting or auditing function
- A recognized professional accounting designation (CPA, CA) (Preferred)
- Strong financial systems experience, including advanced Excel skills
- Demonstrated leadership ability and is a team player, willing to always support the team
- Can work in a dynamic, complex, fast-paced environment, adapt quickly to manage changing priorities and deadlines
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
- Self-motivated and pro-active, with respect to both managing workload and professional development